Different Ages, Different Dental Care Needs
Everything changes (and, some would argue, get better) with age. The foods, pastimes, and music you enjoyed when you were younger have probably shifted as you’ve gotten older. Likewise, your dental care needs change as your teeth and gums age with you. At Lathrop Dental Center, we offer a complete range of dentistry services geared toward patients of all ages. We’re also especially skilled at helping patients with special needs, including dental phobias and autism, that can make communication and dental treatment more challenging. Our services include:
- Preventive Dentistry. From checkups and cleanings to therapies for TMJ and sleep apnea, we help detect and treat oral health issues early. We also provide nurturing, friendly children’s dentistry for patients as young as 2.
- Restorative Dentistry. Even good teeth can go bad. When they do, Dr. Colin Lathrop can place fillings and dental crowns and perform root canal therapy and extractions.
- Dental Implants. A great solution for missing teeth . . . or the greatest solution for missing teeth? These innovative dental prosthetics replace the whole root-and-crown structure of a missing tooth, providing a more natural look, feel, and function. Dental implants can secure a single crown, a bridge, and even a full set of dentures.
- Orthdontics. Straighter teeth are healthier teeth. They look pretty good, too! For our younger patients, Dr. Lathrop provides interceptive orthodontics to help guide the growth and development of the teeth and jaws. For older teens and adults, we can correct crowded, protruding, and overlapping teeth and some bites problems in record time with PowerProx Six Month Braces.
- Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Lathrop and our team love helping our patient’s on the road toward their most beautiful smile ever. We design smile makeover plans customized to fit your needs and smile goals. From KöR deep bleaching to address severely stained teeth to bonding and porcelain veneers to correct chips, gaps, and oddly shaped teeth, we have the solution to help you achieve a radiant smile.
- Emergency Dentistry. Accidents happen. When they do, Lathrop Dental Center is here to help. Dr. Lathrop provides emergency dental care for new and returning patients and we do our best to get you into the office as soon as possible.
Our Commitment to Your Comfort
We understand that some patients, regardless of age, feel nervous, anxious, and even fearful of visiting the dentist. For some patients, an unpleasant experience in the past set off a lifetime of unease with dental care. For others, stories told by friends and family members or misrepresentations in the media might lead to dental anxiety. At Lathrop Dental Center, we respect these feelings and will do our best to help you feel relaxed and well taken care of throughout your visit. Our staff is friendly and patient-focused. Our treatment rooms feature TVs to keep you entertained and we can provide neck roll pillows to help you feel pampered. In addition, we offer a full menu of sedation dentistry options, including:
- Nitrous Oxide. Inhaled through a soft mask, nitrous oxide produces feelings of euphoria and giddiness. Perfect for younger patients and people who feel just a little nervous, nitrous oxide takes effect quickly and wears off quickly, so you can proceed with your day.
- Oral Sedation. With a single pill, taken about an hour before your appointment, you can experience a deeper state of relaxation and detachment. Oral sedation is a safe, effective solution for patients with dental anxiety and for patients who need multiple procedures performed during one appointment. The sedative effects will linger for a few hours after the appointment, so you will need to arrange for reliable transportation home.
- IV Sedation. For patients with profound or debilitating dental fear or for patients undergoing a surgical procedure, such as dental implant placement, IV sedation is the best solution. Administered intravenously through a tiny needle, IV sedation induces a very deep state of relaxation and, like oral sedation, patients will need to arrange for transportation home afterward.
If anxiety and fear have prompted you to put off much needed dental care, we have safe, effective solutions to help you feel relaxed.