It’s Good to Feel Confident about Your Smile
When you walk into a room, your smile is one of the first features people notice about you. However, if problems like chipped teeth, gapped teeth, or stained teeth deter you from sharing your smile, you may be giving the people around you the wrong impression about yourself. At Lathrop Dental Center, we believe there is real value in helping our patients feel confident about the appearance of their smiles. Consider:
- Hiding your smile behind your hand, looking down at the floor when you laugh, or withholding your smile altogether can make you seem reserved, insecure, aloof, or unfriendly. When you smile and laugh easily, people perceive you as a warm, friendly, and personable.
- When you feel good about the way your smile looks, you tend to show it off more. All that smiling can have a profound impact on your wellbeing. A recent study from the University of Kansas shows that smiling can reduce your level of cortisol, the hormone which controls stress. People who smile more are more likely to handle stressful tasks better, enjoy lower blood pressure, and a more positive outlook on life.
- A beautiful smile can impact your success in the business world. A perception study conducted by Kelton Research showed that people with straighter, brighter teeth were perceived as more successful, more trustworthy, and more likely to do well at a job interview.
The appearance of your teeth and gums can have a tangible impact on your quality of life and self-esteem. Dr. Colin Lathrop wants to help all of his patients live life the fullest with a smile they can feel good about sharing. To achieve this, he offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Smile Makeover. We develop a personalized treatment plan to help you reach your cosmetic and restorative smile goals.
- Teeth Whitening. We offer take home whitening trays and KöR deep bleaching, which combine in-office treatments with take home trays to remove even severe teeth stains.
- Bonding and Contouring. These conservative procedures can correct a wide range of issues that detract from the symmetry and beauty of your smile.
- Laser Gum Contouring. If large gums, long gums, or uneven gums give your smile an awkward appearance, laser gum contouring can reveal healthy enamel for a bigger, brighter smile.
- Cosmetic Veneers. Part dental restoration, part cosmetic multi-tasker, porcelain veneers are a permanent solution for a number of smile imperfections.
Natural Smile Design
We want your new smile to look like you were born with it. Before developing a cosmetic or restorative dental treatment plan, Dr. Lathrop will first want to perform a full examination and discuss a variety of concerns on a one-on-one basis. Factors such as your existing oral health, your overall health, the goals you have for your smile, your budget, and other lifestyle considerations go into planning your smile makeover. In addition, Dr. Lathrop will look at the overall shape of your face and jaw, the size of your jaw, and the dimensions of your lips and cheeks so that he can design a smile that looks natural and flatters your features.