Are you feeling more and more curious lately about the best way to care for your smile? Perhaps you are starting to wonder if it’s really that important that you select professional dental care for anything outside of your brushing and flossing. What if you want a whiter smile or something seems “off” with your oral health? Is it really essential that you schedule care with us or can you just do your best to attempt a DIY (do-it-yourself) approach for the improvements you want or need? Let’s explore this topic with a quick quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re trying to improve your dental hygiene, you can make changes on your own by selecting a new type of toothbrush, toothpaste, or dental floss in the hygiene aisle.
- True or False: If you are looking for a way to get out of pain, you can protect your oral health best by scheduling time to see us about the problem. While taking pain relievers will help for the time being, they cannot restore your smile.
- True or False: When you are hoping for a whiter smile, it’s best to receive professional teeth whitening or another cosmetic treatment.
- True. When it comes to your dental hygiene, you may purchase over-the-counter products according to your unique preferences. You don’t need to come to us for this facet of your care – unless you have questions.
- True. You can rely on over-the-counter (OTC) treatments for immediate relief in many instances. However, to truly protect your oral health, you will need a professional examination, diagnosis, and you may need treatment.
- True. Selecting an OTC option will not provide you with the results you are hoping for – instead, you may end up with damage or disappointing results.