Are you doing everything right, so you have no worries that you may be eroding your dental tissue? Or, do you think it just might be possible you’re contributing to acid erosion without recognizing it? If you feel that the latter likely better describes your current circumstances, we urge you to walk your way through our quick yet enlightening quiz. It will help you better understand the simple ways you can keep teeth safe and sound, so you don’t accidentally compromise your oral health.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you drink sodas on a daily basis, you are likely eroding your teeth as the result of something called acid erosion. This is possible whether you drink sugar-filled or diet sodas.
- True or False: Any food or beverage that is acidic in nature, even if it’s natural or doesn’t taste that acidic, can damage your teeth.
- True or False: Avoiding this particular issue is dangerous for your oral health because the erosion begins by affecting the outer layer of your teeth, which is there to protect them (and it happens to keep your smile looking white and healthy).
- True. Unfortunately, any type of soda drinking will most certainly begin to dissolve the outer layer of your teeth, leading to acid erosion over time. All soda is acidic, even if it doesn’t contain sugar, so drink wisely and remember how helpful it can be to rinse with water!
- True. Whether you’re drinking lemonade, other fruit juice, or even a sports drink, anything that’s acidic (even if it doesn’t seem it) can damage your smile.
- True. It’s best to pay attention to this issue and make your choices accordingly, so you can keep your enamel and your overall oral health protected.
Avoid Acid Erosion With Our Help
Learn more about how to protect your smile and what to do about acid erosion, so teeth remain intact and healthy. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.