So you know you want an incredibly beautiful smile that turns heads – and that makes you proud to laugh and speak around other people. You’re certain cosmetic dentistry will help you reach your goals. But just how much do you know about porcelain veneers? Before you jump to any conclusions about picking and choosing cosmetic treatments, find out what you know about veneers and you may discover they offer you the solution you’ve been looking for.
- Your smile may appear straighter with veneers, allowing you to avoid orthodontic treatment
- You can only choose veneers if your teeth suffer from discoloration
- You will need to avoid abrasive toothpaste that can damage your veneers – otherwise, you may continue you usual daily hygiene routine
- Your dentist will need to remove a significant portion of your teeth to prepare them for veneers
- Porcelain veneers may address problems commonly treated with dental bonding
- True. Veneers may improve the uniformity of your smile by filling spaces between teeth and creating the appearance of a straighter smile.
- False. Veneers provide a full range of benefits, from a whiter smile to improved alignment, a uniform appearance, and improved tooth shape and size.
- True. It’s that easy to care for your beautiful new smile.
- False. If you suffer from only mild aesthetic concerns, you may not require prep. However, if you do, your dentist will remove a minimal portion of your enamel – your tooth’s outermost layer – to promote a beautiful finished product
- True. If your teeth suffer from damage like small cracks or chips, or if you have a space between your teeth, you may choose veneers rather than bonding
ABOUT YOUR KATY DENTIST:
Dr. Colin Lathrop and the Lathrop Dental Center proudly serve patients and families from in and around Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, and all surrounding communities. If you’d like to schedule a dental appointment, you can reach our office in Katy, TX, by calling (832) 437-3849.