If it’s been years since you last loved your smile, February is a great chance to understand why and to explore cosmetic dentistry options. By far, one of the most common dental complaints is staining. Over time, coffee, red wine, and other beverages can cause pearly whites to lose their luster, particularly as you age. But professional teeth whitening is a great and fast way to revitalize your smile, leaving you with more brilliant teeth, not to mention increased confidence. You might be surprised just how quickly a dentist could help you fall back in love with the look of your smile.
How to Know It’s Time to See the Dentist
Sure, there are plenty of over-the-counter products that promise to whiten your teeth. But how effective are they, and what’s the difference between what they offer and professional whitening?
Well, professional teeth whitening is different from over-the-counter options in that it allows you to use professional-grade products designed to provide safe, fast, and dramatic results, often lightening teeth by more than seven shades in a single course of treatment!
Professional whitening also comes with the added expertise of a cosmetic dentist, who can help educate you about how to keep your smile bright for longer.
These are just a few other reasons you might want to seek professional teeth whitening:
- If your teeth need to lightened by more than a few shades.
- If you have a tight timeline for treatment (such as an upcoming wedding, graduation, etc.).
- If you’ve been unhappy with OTC products in the past.
- If you experienced sensitivity while using an OTC whitening product.
- If it’s been more than six months since your last dental checkup.
- If you are experiencing any other dental symptoms that might require restorative treatment.