Do you sometimes wish you had worn braces as a teenager, but now you feel too embarrassed to get orthodontic treatment? Did you know that minor, cosmetic alignment issues can often be corrected with porcelain veneers, instead of orthodontia? There are many other esthetic problems that can be corrected with veneers, too, including permanent staining, disproportionately small teeth, or even jagged edges caused by wear. Perhaps best of all, cosmetic veneers provide a long-lasting way to enhance your natural smile.
What Can Veneers Do for You?
Veneers can be used to correct many cosmetic issues, including:
- Small teeth or those that appear disproportionately shaped
- Jagged edges caused by excessive wear, such as nighttime teeth grinding
- Permanent stains or intrinsic discoloration that cannot be addressed through professional teeth whitening
- Minor alignment issues, such as gaps between the teeth
- (Minimally invasive contouring can be used to address minor overlapping, by gently etching away portions of the teeth that are either too large or overlapping each other)
The Many Benefits of Veneers
Because veneers are made of durable dental porcelain, the results of the cosmetic treatment can be incredibly long-lasting. In fact, many patients are able to enjoy their veneers for more than a decade, with proper preventive care.
Another benefit of porcelain veneers is that they can actually be cared for like natural teeth, making dental hygiene simple and straightforward.
Finally, porcelain is incredibly natural-looking, because of how closely it mimics natural tooth enamel, right down to the sheen. So you can smile confidently, knowing your smile is beautiful, and just as importantly, natural-looking.