Do you laugh off the fact that you’re well known as a loud snorer because some people snore – and some don’t? Or, are you feeling anxious about your snoring because it has been waking your partner and interrupting your ability to make it comfortably through a full night of sleep? For immediate clarity on this topic, we suggest you keep one thing in mind: Snoring is not good for you and may be a warning sign of something more serious called sleep apnea, which will require sleep apnea treatment. Let’s see what you know and provide additional information with a brief quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Snoring has the ability to interrupt your nightly rest, leaving you feeling less than refreshed in the morning. Fortunately, it doesn’t threaten your life with serious health concerns but we do offer treatment.
- True or False: If you snore loudly, you definitely suffer from sleep apnea, a sleep disorder that results in moments in which you stop breathing during sleep.
- True or False: We only suggest sleep apnea treatment if the issue bothers you.
- True. You may feel tired and may have a sore throat from snoring. We offer effective, noninvasive treatment for comfortable breathing. However, you don’t not need to worry that snoring is going to damage your long-term health. If you have sleep apnea, however, this could be serious.
- False. Loud snoring is often a symptom of this problematic disorder but it can also occur on its own. We suggest you visit us for a consultation, so we may determine which sleep concern is affecting you.
- False. We always suggest sleep apnea treatment because the disorder is not only frustrating but may lead to serious long-term health problems like cardiac disease, stroke, and more.