Do you find yourself relying wholly on dental hygiene instead of remembering also to make use of the dental services we offer? If so, it’s important to keep in mind that preventive care isn’t just about the time you spend in front of your bathroom sink with your hygiene products. It’s about the comprehensive approach to smile care that includes not only your personal cleaning time but also the time you spend with us at our practice. Curious about what this means and how you’re doing? Take our quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: The good thing about your dental hygiene is that it helps prevent every single potential disorder or disease that can occur within your mouth.
- True or False: When you rely too heavily on hygiene, you will discover that you are sabotaging your ability to have a clean, healthy smile.
- True or False: The good news is that relying on your hygiene on a daily basis offers immense safeguarding of your smile, as long as you also schedule checkups and cleanings with us.
- False. When it comes to what we refer to as “functional disorders” like bruxism or TMJ disorder, your attempts at dental hygiene have no impact. They do, however, prevent multiple potential issues like periodontal disease.
- True. No matter what lengths you go to with the products and efforts we suggest you practice at home, they will not prove thoroughly successful unless you pair those efforts with prevention at our dental practice.
- True. Removing the sticky film we know as plaque from your smile twice a day, every day, and removing debris from between teeth will keep your teeth and gums as clean as possible between visits.