Are you sure about how to keep your child’s smile healthy? Are you aware that maintaining baby teeth is actually a crucial step toward protecting your child’s future smile? If this is a bit shocking to you, it’s certainly time you come in for a visit with us to learn more. Let’s do a bit of exploration into this topic with a brief quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If your child’s baby teeth end up decayed or damaged, there’s nothing to worry about. They will fall out anyway.
- True or False: Primary teeth are so important not only because they protect the teeth below but also because they are instrumental in your child forming optimal chewing and speech habits.
- True or False: Caring for your child’s teeth means brushing, flossing, dental checkups, and dental cleanings.
- False. It’s very important that this first set of teeth remains intact and healthy because they essentially set the stage for what the permanent teeth will be like. Damaged baby teeth may yield damaged permanent teeth.
- True. If the teeth are damaged or simply not present, your child may fall behind dramatically when it comes to these early stages of development.
- True. The moment a first tooth erupts, cleaning teeth and coming in for visits is absolutely necessary. Remember that we also offer dental sealants to help protect teeth from the destructive decay caused by plaque, as well as fluoride treatments to make sure teeth are growing in strong (and staying that way).
Keep Kids’ Smiles Healthy
To make sure you’re protecting your child’s baby teeth and future smile, dental checkups are your best bet. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.