Would you say that you’re quite the damaged tooth aficionado? Is there no detail too small or obscure regarding restorative care for you to pick up on? If you happen to feel quite educated on dental crowns, then we think you will pass our quiz with flying colors! However, if you are like many of our patients who know a bit but would like to learn a little more, you just might gather more knowledge with a few true-or-false questions.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you have a cavity, we may choose to forego the filling and just go straight to a dental crown, so we can just cover the decay.
- True or False: It’s possible to receive a crown for restorative needs or cosmetic needs.
- True or False: Crowns are removable devices that temporarily cover the damaged tooth, so you may remove them when you feel like it.
- False. We always provide you with the most conservative option first to preserve as much natural tooth tissue as possible. With decay, we will always remove the damaged tissue to stop the problem and prevent infection. Mild to moderate cavities often yield fillings, while very severe decay yields the need for a crown.
- True. While we generally place a dental crown for restorative purposes, there are times when we place a porcelain crown strictly for cosmetic purposes. Generally speaking, this is a potential avenue when esthetic damage is not treatable with veneers.
- False. Crowns are fixed prostheses that permanently cover your tooth. We bond them in place for long-term wear, which may last upwards of 15 years.
Get Important Dental Crown Details
When you’re unsure about particular restorative care treatments, we are always happy to offer you answers. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.