Sometimes it’s the most basic stuff that leaves people the most uncertain. For instance, you might be able to rattle off an awful lot of details about fillings or root canals but that doesn’t mean you’ve got the facts down pat as they relate to the importance of dental checkups. Since checkups are extremely significant but we sometimes worry our patients forget about that, we would love for you to take a brief quiz to review.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you come in for a dental checkup and we find that your smile is completely healthy, there’s no reason to schedule another one unless you think something might be going wrong with your oral health.
- True or False: The reason we generally suggest that you see us once every six months for checkups is just a guideline to help you remember to set up appointments. It’s not really a beneficial timeline.
- True or False: We primarily check the health of your teeth during a checkup. Other concerns may require another specialized visit.
- False. Actually, the best way to keep that smile healthy is to keep coming in for your dental checkups and cleanings. Don’t assume a healthy smile is a reason to put it off. It’s part of preventive care because it really does help you avoid problems.
- False. This is not a guideline that’s just a simple reminder. An every-six-months visit is a way for us to see you consistently enough to help offer you the maximum level of oral health protection.
- False. We check everything! The health of your teeth, your gums, your jaw joints, your alignment, and we even check for oral cancer.
Schedule Checkups Twice A Year
Always remember that your checkups are extremely important, which is why we will always recommend you come see us once every six months. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.