You might need a tooth extraction. Then again, you might assume you’re going to need one when, in actuality, you will not. If you aren’t sure about what types of issues warrant an extraction but this topic has been on your mind lately, we encourage you to do two things. First, remember that an extraction can be a very beneficial treatment for your oral health. Then, head on through our quiz for the details you’re missing.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If your wisdom teeth develop, you will always need a tooth extraction to remove them, whether they are healthy or not.
- True or False: When a tooth is extremely ill and we cannot treat it or save it through any other means, an extraction is your last (and best) option.
- True or False: A tooth removal is nothing to feel upset about. Remember that the treatment will be wholly comfortable, quick, efficient, and will guide you toward a smile that’s healthy again.
- False. You will need your wisdom teeth extracted only if they present a particular threat to your oral health. If their development is just fine, then you may wish to keep them (or you may elect to have them removed).
- True. It’s dangerous to leave a damaged or diseased tooth in place. When an issue is severe and has surpassed other options, we will suggest a tooth extraction.
- True. You might not love the idea initially, but recognize that the removal of your tooth will allow you to regain your smile health (and we can replace the missing tooth if you need it).
Schedule Your Dental Extraction ASAP To Protect Your Smile
Remember that the sooner you schedule your tooth extraction, the sooner your oral health can be restored. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.