When you notice that you’re experiencing a sore jaw, it’s very easy to instantly assume you are suffering from TMJ disorder (TMD). It’s also very easy to convince yourself that everything is just fine if you are not very excited about the idea of coming in for a visit. Fortunately, sorting the details out isn’t very complicated. Our quiz will prove just that!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re suffering from a sore jaw, it is certain that you are suffering from TMJ disorder and must receive treatment immediately.
- True or False: If you occasionally deal with soreness in your jaw joints or you experience discomfort in surrounding areas, you don’t need to come in to see us until the pain is severe. Otherwise, it might just go away.
- True or False: There’s not much you can do to catch problems with your jaw joints early except for paying attention to pain. It’s typically impossible to detect issues until they include discomfort.
- False. If you’re dealing with a sore jaw, it is entirely possible that your discomfort is stemming from TMJ disorder. However, this is not necessarily the case. Other factors may come into play (it’s even possible that you temporarily irritated your TMJ).
- False. Actually, you should see us as soon as possible if you’re experiencing any type of discomfort. Earlier detection yields much easier treatment and more immediate results.
- False. This is where your dental checkups come in to play. We monitor every possible change when you see us. As a result, if we detect signs of bruxism, we notice you’re mentioning early symptoms of a problem, or other signs arise, we will frequently recognize them long before you experience serious symptoms (and we can offer treatment).
See Us ASAP If You Are Concerned About Your TMJs
Remember that a sore jaw is always a reason to schedule a visit with us right away. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.