Our Focus on Preventive Care
General dental care focuses on the early diagnosis and treatment of oral health issues that can impair your ability to speak, eat, and go about your daily schedule normally. General dentistry services include:
- Checkups and cleanings. We perform thorough checkups meant to identify a number of oral health issues such as gum disease, tooth decay, cavities, TMJ disorder, oral cancer, and aging or worn out dental work. Our hygiene staff can perform gentle dental cleanings that remove built up plaque and tartar and leave you with a smile that looks and feels vibrantly healthy.
- TMJ treatment. TMJ disorder can lead to pain and soreness in the face, head, and neck and seriously inhibit your ability to chew, yawn, laugh, and speak normally. We can provide Botox injections to help you manage the pain and discomfort, as well as utilize our advanced Tekscan pressure mapping technology to prescribe more comprehensive treatment, such as disclusion time reduction therapy.
- Children’s dentistry. Friendly, age-appropriate checkups and cleanings help our youngest patients enjoy healthy smiles and a healthy, positive attitude toward visiting the dentist. We also place dental sealants, provide fluoride treatments, and prescribe interceptive orthodontics for children, when necessary.
- Snoring and sleep apnea appliances. If snoring and sleep apnea are keeping you from getting the restful sleep you need, a non-invasive, easy-to-use oral appliance might be the answer for you. This innovative treatment option is only available through a dentist trained in dental sleep medicine techniques.
Personalized Smile Improvement
If cosmetic or restorative issues are holding your smile back, we can design a personalized smile makeover plan to correct or mask imperfections and bring your smile up to its full potential. Our cosmetic and restorative procedures include:
- KöR deep bleaching and take home teeth-whitening trays.
- Traditional and minimum-prep porcelain veneers.
- Bonding and contouring.
- Laser gum reshaping.
- Porcelain dental crowns.
Tooth Replacement Options
Missing teeth can make you feel less-than-confident about showing off your smile. Moreover, missing adult teeth can lead to a range of serious issues, such as problems chewing and speaking normally, an increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease in remaining teeth, misalignment, and even further tooth loss. Dr. Lathrop and our team can perform all phases of dental implant placement to replace the total root-and-crown structure of your missing teeth. Whether you need a single crown-topped implant or a full set of implant supported dentures, we can help you enjoy a complete smile again.